Happy 1st Year Blogiversary to Me! I can’t believe it has been a whole year. I published my first post September 3, 2013. In my head it feels like I have been doing this forever. The actually date was last Wednesday but it slipped my mind… yes I know that is bad but due the back to school rush of things that we were doing for my siblings, my mind simply did not remember. I can still celebrate it though right? Better late than never 🙂 I bought myself candy and chocolate to celebrate. I have been meaning to bake cupcakes and thought about making one extra special cupcake that was just for me but could not find the time this weekend to tackle it however I am not complaining I love me some sweets
I remember coming across iHeart Organizing and seeing how Jennifer Jones did everything was amazing to me. (I am sure many of you bloggers have a similar story) I thought to myself that “I am always creating, organizing, taking pictures, sharing and so much more so why not try this? I have the time.” And that is how the idea of City of Creative Dreams was born. I got interested in other blogs and decided to create a blog as unique as I am meanwhile sharing pieces of my heart so to say.
I remember my very first post. I thought about these Back to School Personality Pencil Cases when I was thinking about a away for my siblings to have a stand out pencil case with the additional hope of them never forgetting it somewhere. With this being so different from every one else, who would want to forget this? My pictures was still fresh and I had no idea of what I was doing but I took pictures and told you guys how I made it.
- Don’t try to be perfect. I am a perfectionist of myself so I constantly compared myself to other bloggers…. still a little guilty about that. Solution: Be myself!
- No money, More problems. Financial is my big issue this year, I love what I do but sometimes I can’t afforded all the big ideas that I want to accomplish. Solution: Baby steps, make what I can, don’t stress on what I can’t make.
- Don’t give up. I know that many bloggers have been in the same position as I am now, not everyone becomes a money making blogger overnight although I wish that would happen to me. Solution: Research, Research and Research, gather all you can on what other bloggers do that works for them.
- Blog Up. Instead of man up, I need to blog up. I was determine to get out of the blogging rut that I felt like I was in because other bloggers have the money to create fantastic blogs and everything seem easy for them so it was time to blog up. Solution, find creative and inexpensive ways to update my blog without spending anything.
- Interact!. I thought talking to others wouldn’t work for me. I kept hearing that bloggers should put themselves out there and talk to other bloggers and communicate… but I didn’t know what to say. So I decided to put myself out there is a large way and goal was to comment on blog posts that I enjoyed from link parties because of that, people found my blog.
- Prioritise. I would stress out so much about the latest post and spend most of my day on the computer blogging or linking up to a ton of link parties. Solution: Set schedules… there is blogging but there is also life too. Don’t over work yourself or it will drive you to be a huge stress ball.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much for continuing to come to my blog and giving me such wonderful comments. I appreciate each and every comment and visit that comes my way. This year has been a blast and I can’t wait to see what year 2 has in store for me. I know that it will be filled with more fantastic crafts, inspirations, stories, printables and products. Hope you continue to join on the ride with me.
I hope you have some time, I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment to say how much you enjoyed my post or even say hi, follow me on Twitter, like my Facebook page or even subscribe. I will do the same! Have a wonderful creative week!