Having a cold is horrible. I caught one this weekend and spent my time stuck in bed sneezing, blowing my nose, wondering if everyone completely forgot about me while binge watching movies on my iPad. I don't know about you but I cannot stand sneezing in general so sneezing with a cold is like my worst nightmare. A cold will never completely take me away from my blog though, in fact, it inspired this post today.
I was heading out shopping because I was in need of medicine and even had time to sneak in a small amount of thrift shopping... I guess I can be a little stubborn when it comes to being sick. Hey, things need to get done some how right? Today had me thinking, what are my five things that I need with this cold when I am on the go. Here is my list.
- Redoxon Vitamin C Tablets (aka fizzy vitamin c) - I like using this when I am sick. It is something I have been doing for a while now. You may wonder what is the difference between the regular vitamin c and this one. Fizzy vitamin c goes into your system faster and it requires it to be placed into a drink while the regular doesn't. Perfect for when your on the go and need a vitamin boost with your drink.
- Lip Balm - When your constantly wiping your nose, it can make your lips a little dry so I like to carry my Lypsyl cherry flavored lip balm with me for those in between moments that I feel a tab better and can complete a sentence without sneezing.
- Tissues - It is a must, at home I personally skip the step of getting a box of tissue and take a roll of toilet paper. However, on the go I can't bring a whole roll with me so I bring the travel packs... maybe even two or three depending on how long I am going to be. I am not picky about brands but I do love these cute ones from Kleenex.
- Hand Sanitizer - With germs from yourself and from outside, it is only wise to carry some hand sanitizer along with you. Keeping you and others germ protected at all times. I love using the one that I bought from the Honest company, it is all natural and yet gets the job done.
- Hand Lotion - I don't know about you but constantly using the tissues tend to get my nose and hands dry. I like to carry hand lotion along with me in case I am in need of some soothing lotion refreshment. Of course I love using my Honest company face and body lotion. Its not just for babies or kids but adults can enjoy their products too.
Of course, no one likes catching a cold but we all have to fight through it. There you have it, my five things that help me get through while I am on the go. Try some of my favourite things or you can tell me about yours. I would love to find out what you use to help you get better while you are on the go.
*This post contains affiliate and non affiliate links. Opinions are 100% my own. For more information, see my disclosures page.*
I hope you have some time, I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment to say how much you enjoyed my post or even say hi, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram page or even subscribe. I will do the same! Have a wonderful creative week!