I have to say I am loving cleaning with baking soda. Cleaning in general is not always fun but having one product that does majority of the things on your spring cleaning list can help in a huge way and baking soda is one of those products that do endless amounts of work. I even got my family members into the baking soda cleaning method. Many of you might already have baking soda knowledge but I want to share with you some things you can use baking soda for around your place this spring cleaning.
- Floors – 1/2 cup in a bucket of warm water–mop and rinse
- Carpet – sprinkle, leave for 15 minutes or overnight and then vacuum
- Furniture – put some on damp sponge and rub lightly. Wipe off with a dry cloth.
- Pots, Pans & Dishes – 2 tablespoons with your regular dish detergent.
- Oven – sprinkle, spray and leave overnight. Next day, wash clean.
- Microwave – put some on a damp sponge and clean inside and outside the microwave
- Dishwasher – put in before you wash your dishes and again after the wash cycle.
- Drain – pour 1/2 cup down the drain while leaving the warm water running.
- Hair Brushes & Brushes – 1 teaspoon in a container of warm water. Rinse and allow to dry.
- Tub & Tiles – sprinkle lightly on a clean damp sponge and scrub.
- Shower Curtain – sprinkle on a damp sponge, scrub, rinse and hang up to dry.
- Sink – sprinkle on a sponge and wipe clean
- Toilet – add ¼ cup to the bowl, swirl with brush, then scrub.
- Clothing – add 1/2 cup into the rinse cycle
- Linens – add 1/2 cup into the rinse cycle
- Stuff Animals – sprinkle on stuff animals and leave it for 15 minutes before brushing off.
There is so much baking soda can do for your home, car, garage and so much more. I didn’t even mention all the things if can do for your body and hair. It works, that is why people use it over and over again and even blog about it. So why not use it this Spring Cleaning, it less to hold when your cleaning and it make things a little easier.