Many homeowners prefer to build a patio in their houses for spending the evenings enjoying outdoor beauties. These patios are covered with shades that can protect the people from direct sunlight, rains, and snowfall. But these patio shades of different materials and designs provide seamless benefits to the residents of the house. Usually, these shades are installed within strong brackets, so that these shades are not blown out by strong winds of cyclonic storms. Apart from the patios, these shades are also used to provide cover for any other outdoor seating arrangement.
Primary Benefits Available from The Uses of Patio Shades
1. The residents of the house can sit comfortably in the patios, enjoying their morning or evening tea, as they are protected from harsh sunlight or rainfall. The patios or the spaces covered by patio shades remain much cooler in summers, due to free air ventilation and the preventing the entry of direct sunlight.
2. As the people prefer to spend more time of the summers in the cool porches or patios that are covered by these shades, they can save a lot of money by keeping the air conditioning system turned off most of the time. Many house owners have experienced a sharp drop in electric bills that may be up to 50% lesser than the original ones.
3. The furniture items of the patios or porticos are mostly made of wood or bamboo. These furniture pieces may be damaged from the bad effects of the harsh weather conditions, if not protected by the shades installed to cover these open spaces.
4. The furnishings used in the patios, like the chair covers, tablecloths or fabric curtains fade out very fast, due to the action of the direct sunlight. But the shades can save these furnishings from decolourisation by blocking the sunlight from entering these open spaces.
5. The shades for the patios are available in different colors and textures. Therefore, the homeowners get plenty of options for choosing the best ones
according to their tastes and the existing decor. The patios or porticos can be modified to have a more cheerful ambiance, by installing bright colored shades there. But more elegant and natural looks can be imparted to the home with the installation of fine bamboo shades on the patios or porticos.
6. As the patios remain partially covered by the translucent or opaque shades, it is not possible for the passers by to see the people sitting there. Therefore, the residents get desired total privacy while enjoying their leisure time in the patios.
7. Most of the shades installed to cover the patios function effectively as sun screens. So, these shades are very useful while watching TV during daytime, as the sunlight will not be reflected on the TV screen due to the blockage of the sunrays. So, people can enjoy their favourite TV shows without being disturbed by any reflection of light on the TV screen.
8. The skins of the people sitting outdoor can be harmed by the dangerous effects of the UV rays emitted from sunlight. But as the direct entry of sunlight is obstructed by the presence of these shades over the patios or decks, these residents are saved from many skin problems caused due to UV rays.
9. Some shades on the patios are especially created to keep out all kinds of harmful insects, like mosquitoes or flies from the homes. Therefore, the residents of the house can feel more peaceful without the irritation of these insects and even rodents.
Thus, the shades used over the patios and other outdoor features of a house are useful in many ways. Hence, more and more people are involved in the installation of these patio shades at their homes.
Guest post courtesy of Hayley Potter.
I hope you have some time, I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment to say how much you enjoyed my post or even say hi, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram page or even subscribe. I will do the same! Have a wonderfully creative week!